Hi I am Izzie

Hi I am Izzie
Welcome to My life.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pondering Thoughts......

Dear Diary,
A couple of Days ago something happened.  I was on a beach.  Laying in the sun.  Suffering from the winter blues in rl.  I avoided going back to this beach I frequented for quite some time.  But today was different, I missed the beach I missed the conversations that happened on this beach. So it had been some time since I was here so thought what the heck.  Over the months of my life on sl. I have met and loved some very sensual, sexy men of sl.  I have a confession. I am a "Big" profile reader.  While the beach was fairly quite, not many were there, I came across a friend.  We chatted for some time.  While I was laying or should I say trying to find a chaise lounge to lie on, one that didn't make me look like I was holding someone, after all, I was alone on the beach.  Once I found a place to sit, (miss the old lounges that flipped you like pancakes) I settled in just to take in some much needed sun.  I then decided to check out some profiles and I came across one that was a little intriguing to me. It read " Been away from sl for awhile, thought I'd come back and check it out." Status was not "Partnered" I closed the profile and thought about talking to this person. I was scared to talk to him then all of sudden from out a of nowhere "Bing Bing"  Instant message from "HIM" first thought was OMG did he know I was looking his profile? But then I realized he didn't know that  I was reading his profile. The conversation was very nice "Hi Izzie" just some general chit chat and then it was would you like to dance. Yes I would love to dance.  We danced, we talked, we flirted. Then it was time to get back to real life.  Once rl was takin care of I logged back on to sl.  And he imed me once again.  Wow. those feeling you get when someone takes notice of you, the butterflies, the smiles, the reddened face, the feeling of comfort. 

Pondering thoughts of how we meet the people in our lives on sl.

Well it lead  me to have some  pondering thoughts.  I would say a good share of the people we meet in sl are friendly, funny, sexy, most have a great sense of humor.  Then there are those who think sl is a place for them to demean, break, cause trouble, Not happy unless they are making someone else miserable.  So I started to think about him.  I am so glad he instant messaged me. Would I have eventually instant messaged him ? I think I probably would have but, I wasn't given the chance cause he took the first step and I must confess that I am so glad we have decided to get to know one another.    I was partnered in sl a couple of times but I don't count the first because of who it was ;). And anyone that knows me knows who that person was.  My second partnership was for the most part a pretty nice relationship from my stand point.  When it ended it was sad, it hurt, I had friends surrounding me helping me to move forward.  He will always have a spot in my heart. But for reasons I don't wish to share its better that he has moved on.  So I loved, I learned, and I am hoping not to make the same mistakes over and over. So I think this time I am going to be taking my time. I am not rushing. I have some friends that I am close to but when asked if I am upset because they have gotten busy doing what they enjoy in sl the answer still remains no I am not upset at all. As I  have said your not here just for me. YOU ARE HERE for YOU, Just as I am here for me.  I want to enjoy sl how I enjoy sl.  Its dancing. it laying at the beach, It is hanging out with my friends doing Grid hunts, It blogging, its Roleplaying, Its flirting its working on sl.  But this is my journey and you have crossed my path..maybe you are the one that I have been looking for to enjoy my life on sl and then maybe you are a friend that has come into my life leaving your footprints on my heart. There is one rule that applies in both worlds. If your not happy with yourself you won't be happy with others. So I plan on just sitting back and I am going to let things happen.

So I pose these last pondering thoughts, How many profiles have YOU read and closed and turned your back on what Could be your match in sl.  How many profiles have you read and thought I just need to know more? How many times have you Perv cammed someone only to find out that OMG .... I need to know her or him?  one last statement.  The Only person that can make you Happy is you, because you can't please all the people all the time. 

Peace and Love sl.  More to come...
Izzie

2 comments:

  1. I can't say I'm all that much of a profile reader, I usually go by what is said in local, if a person looks comfortable chatting away in there, they usually have a good 1 on 1 conversation as well. But there have been a few times that I opened up a profile to check it out: mostly wondering what's in their picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always better to be the tortoise and not the hare! Taking things slowly and letting them progress in an unhurried manner allows time for truly beginning to understand the other person and reflection on what role the do/could play in your life.

    And it's so true that we need to keep in mind that we're all in SL for our own reasons and can't depend on others to make our happiness for us! Thanks for reminding me of that just the other day, Izzie *hugs*

    -Karm

    ReplyDelete